Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We are Family is not a remake: Siddharth

The director of We Are Family, which is set to release on September 2, says that though they have bought the official rights of Hollywood movie Stepmom, the film is not a remake but an adaptation.

"Though the soul of the film is same, we haven't taken the film (Stepmom) scene by scene. In We are Family, Kajol and Kareena's character stay in the same house, which is not the case in the original film," informs the director.

"So the film is not a remake, but an adaptation," continues the director who was promoting his film at Waves Cinema, Noida.  The filmmaker has definitely worked hard on the film as it reflects on his weight. "I've lost 40 kgs. I was 120 kg earlier and now I'm 80 kg. I'm Kareena's second cousin. I'm inspired by her."
Adds Kareena naughtily, "Or probably it's the size zero effect."

No comments:

Post a Comment